(possible) replacement B&W HV assy

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 18:09:52 EDT

I've been looking for a while at a replacement for the Cine HV
assembly. While I haven't found anything that would directly
drop in, I think I may have found something today that might
work. While at the junk yard, I was looking inside an IBM 3278
and noticed it has a separate HV assembly. Looks like it takes
44 volts in and produces 18Kv and the usual lower voltages.
The main reason this one is interesting is there must be a mole
of 3278's in the world... The worst part is getting filthy taking
them out... I got 20 of the things for $1 ea (..and an hour of
time pulling them)

they have an epoxy brick flyback and a little circuit board on
them with all the active stuff. I'll try messing with them in
the next day or so..