Re: Tailgunner has a special monitor?

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 10:37:57 EDT

> I was just trying to figure out where the XDAC output signal for the
> comparitors used for the joystick A/D is generated, and I don't see
> pin 16 of the monitor connector hooked up to anything on any of the
> monitor schematics that I have (I don't have a Tailgunner manual..)
> Could someone take a look and tell me how it is interfaced (I assume
> it's somewhere between the DAC output and the analog switches, but
> is there a buffer or anything used to isolate the off-card signal
> from the analog switches?)
>
> I was also curious what kind of Cine monitor Tailgunner uses.

I thought that was standard. The motherboard pattent actually talks about
how to use this along with the JUMP-EXTERNAL instruction to get analog
inputs. I assumed this means the signal is present from all CineMonitors.
I'm sure I've seen what you're looking for, but I don't have it in front
of me right now. Funny how they decided ahead of time to route the
X-Position to the sound board via the motherboard!

BTW, Tail Gunner was the only game to use JUMP EXTERNAL. Space War uses
it as an unconditional jump and all the other games have it wired to
the sign bit so it's Jump Minus (JMI). Uhhh Zonn what does Speed Freak
do with it? I still can't make that run without locking up :-)

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.