Re: Tailgunner has a special monitor?

From: Joseph J. Welser <jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com>
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 09:49:22 EDT

> I was just trying to figure out where the XDAC output signal for the
> comparitors used for the joystick A/D is generated, and I don't see
> pin 16 of the monitor connector hooked up to anything on any of the
> monitor schematics that I have (I don't have a Tailgunner manual..)
> Could someone take a look and tell me how it is interfaced (I assume
> it's somewhere between the DAC output and the analog switches, but
> is there a buffer or anything used to isolate the off-card signal
> from the analog switches?)
>
> I was also curious what kind of Cine monitor Tailgunner uses.

        I'm not sure about any of the other stuff, but Tailgunner uses a
standard Cine monitor. I've got a monitor sitting in storage with Tailgunner
burn-in, and it's definitely a standard one (it has the "3rd type" of HV cage
-- the gray/black one, but that's its only distinguishing feature from my
other Cine monitors.)

Joe