RE: Tailgunner has a special monitor?

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 12:54:44 EDT

G'day folks,

Yup, I agree with Joe. I do remember plugging a Star Castle set into a
Tail Gunner cabinet and not getting very far, but it didn't have
anything to do with the monitorl. When I said I had problems, I'm not
talking about incompatible sound boards...I'm talking about the LED on
the motherboard staying on! I'll bet this had to do with the JMI wire
mod on the Star Castle, but I'll leave it to Paul or Zonn to explain.

The sound board to Tail Gunner had a bunch of extra connectors on it. I
think it had the 2708 daughter board AND an extra connector for the
joystick. Quite a crazy set up...didn't Speed Freak use this for the
pot on the steering wheel?

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com

ps - I vaguely remember seeing in the Rip Off manual some lines between
the sound board and the mother board being labelled as "Aux" or "Extra"
with the implication that they were used in analog to digital
conversion. But don't quote me on this...I haven't cracked open a
Cinematronics manual in over a year!