Re: message repost

From: Anders Knudsen <Anders_Knudsen_at_btc.adaptec.com>
Date: Thu Sep 04 1997 - 19:37:08 EDT

At 04:10 PM 9/4/97 -0800, Clay wrote:
><snip>
>One other approach would be to get the regulators in a TO-3 package and
>mount them on the chassis instead of the NPN/PNP pair for the old LV
>supply. I think the TO-3 versions are rated for something like 7A
>continuous?
>
>-Clay

Yes, that would also be a good solution. Then you could remove the existing
power transistor. However, I think that would be more expensive than using
the TO-220 packaged regulators, driving the existing power transistors as
followers. So I think that a price comparison would be in order. But I
think that the TO-220 solution will be less expensive.

-Anders.