RE: FPGA

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Tue Oct 07 1997 - 12:15:34 EDT

G'day folks,

So as long as we are out on RAM tangents, can I ask if there's a 4:1
ration of DRAM to SRAM how does the recent IBM (or was it Intel) memory
breakthrough of 2 bits per "memory cell" affect this ratio? Can I
assume that it just brings SRAM storage capacity closer to DRAM storage
capacity?

I do understand that the breakthrough applies to flash and I'm just
using the term SRAM interchangeable (and perhaps inappropriately).

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com