Re: Tempest Monitor Fixed -- Almost

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 14:09:03 EDT

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Paul Kahler wrote:
>
> > Before you do anything with the convergence rings, use something (I forget
> > what is good) to draw a line across the rings and onto the tube. This
>
> Soft pencil ? Chalk ?
>
> One question that hasn't been answered yet: Do I work on the problem of the
> picture not being square by turning the yoke ? The notes talk about sliding
> the yoke, but I didn't see any mention of turning it.

        For all of these adjustments, you have to both slide and tilt the
yoke. In addition to Gregg's FAQ, I'd suggest checking out the
sci.electronics.repair faq, specifically the part about TV repair. It
goes into all this stuff. One of the reason it gives for a tilted picture
is "Yoke Moved." In fact, the only thing that you may need to adjust to
get your convergence and tilted picture back to normal is probably the
yoke. Try leaving the magnets alone and just messing with the yoke
first...

Joe

BTW: You can take a look at the sci.electronics.repair faq at:

http://www.paranoia.com/~filipg/REPAIR/Repair.html