RGVA.marketplace

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 14:32:15 EDT

G'day folks,

Even when RGVAM is created, it'll take a couple months for the RGVAC
readership to shift over to RGVAM. I'm guessing that I (and others)
will be gentle persuading people to shift all through November and
December.

Then in the new year, the persuasion won't be so subtle. (Hey, Guido,
come talk to this guy....) If we are still having problems towards the
end of NEXT year, I'll be suggesting moderation in some form or
another....but let's hope we don't have to get to that point!
Moderation for RGVAM, if spammers make the group unusable. Moderation
for RGVAC, if a minority of the RGVAC readership won't migrate to RGVAM
for their commerce related activities.

Obviously, if the majority of RGVAC readers won't migrate to RGVAM by
the end of 1998 then there's very little that can be done. RGVAM will
just have to languish unused. However, I doubt this would end up
happening since RGVAM only came into existence after 132 readers of
RGVAC asked for it. I'm assuming 132 represents a majority of active
readers in RGVAC (and I'm assuming that mainly active readers voted).

ObVector: Did Joe end up setting a deal for that Barrier from John
Robertson? If so, Joe (and Zonn), I've heard there are some
similarities between Barrier and Star Hawk....would it be worth looking
into modifying Star Hawk sound boards to play Barrier sounds? Yes,
Clay, I do realize that we could probably take sound samples of Barrier,
put a 486 in the cabinet and hook it up to the speaker!

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com

ps - Much of my motivation for creating RGVAM was so tech talk could
return to RGVAC. I would have liked to create RGVA.tech, but I wonder
if there's enough traffic to merit a new newsgroup? Beside, it'd be
much more appropriate for Clay, David Fish, Zonn, Al or Joe (or any
other of the many hackers on this list) to create RGVA.tech, eh? I'll
be happy to help out in creating RGVA.tech if anyone wants to step
forward and go through the meat-grin...newsgroup creation process. You
just need 150 people who you can rely on for YES votes! Well, that and
alot of patience....

Actually, now that RGVAC has been splintered into two newsgroups, I
think it'll be easier to spin off parts of the RGVAC discussion.