Sega Vector Speech Chips

From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol_at_tir.com>
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 21:25:44 EDT

Just wanted to let you all know, I'm hoping to be in touch
with the guy who designed the Mattel Intellivoice module shortly,
which used a chip very similar to the Sega vector games, (as Clay
pointed out a while ago.)

I'm hoping that I can get some info on the SP0250. I'm starting to
think that it might be possible to build a SP0250 replacement with
an SP0256 and something to do the parallel to serial conversion.
Granted, this chip is also obsolete also, but there are still people
selling them for about $5, at least. Didn't someone have a bunch of
Sega speech boards with missing SP0250's... ?

-Frank Palazzolo

palazzol@tir.com