Re: More Amplifone stuff...

From: Jeff Hendrix <jeffh_at_diac.com>
Date: Wed Nov 05 1997 - 18:19:12 EST

That was me, I havn't had a chance to try it yet. My cockpit star wars,
with a 19" ampliphone, is behind a cockpit star wars with a wells, which is
behind a major havoc.
I did use a multimeter and checked the pins on the 25" vers a 19" and I got
the exact same readings across identical pins. I put a yoke on it from an
ampliphone 19" xy monitor, so all I have left to do is hook it up, plug it
in, close my eyes and flip the switch. I'll try and do it this weekend, if
you don't hear back from me, I'm probably dead.

-jeff

ps. Not only is the yoke sticker the same, but the entire front panel is
the same (control panel AND monitor bezel). (I didn't realize this until I
had an upright sitting next to a cockpit)

>To all who are wise:
>
>Someone (couldn't find the old post) was going to experiment with
>putting a Amplifone yoke on a *new* 25" tube. I was wondering if
>they succeeded or not ... as I am desperate to get a 25" tube back
>into my cockpit.
>
>Also, is the yoke sticker the same for the SW upright and cockpit?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Mit

jeffh@diac.com

Buy/Sell/Trade classic video arcade games.
www.diac.com/~jeffh/