Re: Major Havoc

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 14:46:59 EST

>A couple of questions :
>
>1 . What all does the "quad pokey" daughterboard do? I got a MH boardset
> yesterday without it.

This is the source of the sound/music for the game.

>2 . Would it be easy to duplicate (haven't downloaded the schematics yet)

Yep. Two layer, pretty simple. Main problem there is that it's physically
a pretty large PCB. Just be kinda expensive to make.

>3 . What all does the tempest->mh adapter do (once again, no schematics yet)

It's "active" function is to correct the "bowing" of the display on a Wells
Gardner monitor. It might have some passive function to re-route some I/O
lines too-- I doubt it though. (Don't recall off the top of my head.)

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Mit Matelske
>
>What the hell - anyone got any extras (and tempest->mh adapters) do sell?

I'm going to make some display correctors (they work with Star Wars/Major
Havoc), but the Sega Multigame has been eating all my time...

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/