Re: Major Havoc

From: Jeff Hendrix <jeffh_at_diac.com>
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 14:51:47 EST

>A couple of questions :
>
>1 . What all does the "quad pokey" daughterboard do? I got a MH boardset
> yesterday without it.

The Quad pokey board is for the sound effects.

>2 . Would it be easy to duplicate (haven't downloaded the schematics yet)

I don't think it would be too hard to dupe. if I remember right, there are
only 4 pokey chips on it and nothing else (I'll double check tonight)

>3 . What all does the tempest->mh adapter do (once again, no schematics yet)

The adapter allows a mh bs to plug directly into a tempest. It also moves
the x & y adjustment pots to the adapter (the pots on the main pcb are
disabled). I think it might also compensate for pincushioning on a wells
monitor.
You can just wire up a new harness and just forget about the adapter and
everything should work ok (the dedicated hm had no adapter)

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Mit Matelske
>
>What the hell - anyone got any extras (and tempest->mh adapters) do sell?

jeffh@diac.com

Buy/Sell/Trade classic video arcade games.
www.diac.com/~jeffh/