My Amplifone monitor - another update

From: Dan Rasmussen <dras_at_telco.stratus.com>
Date: Wed Nov 26 1997 - 11:38:17 EST

Hello again,

For those that are interested, I got my deflection board together
again last night and this time it didn't blow up! I can hear
deflection noises but I'm getting a spot killer so I have more problems
to chase down. I also tried the first of the HV boards and it seems
to be dead (loud squeal, no monitor activity at all - no crackles, no
heater). I have a new -24V reuglator for the second, supposedly working,
HV board and I'm going to steal a resistor I need off the first HV
board to fix up the second well enough to give it a try. If it works,
I'm hoping I can figure out which side of the deflcetion board has the
problem.

Meanwhile, I have decided to bite the bullet and get the Wintron HV
transformer for the new price, $195 (ouch).

Thanks again for all the help.

Dan R.
dras@sw.stratus.com