Re: ROM adapter

From: mayday19 <mayday19_at_IDT.NET>
Date: Wed Nov 26 1997 - 13:29:26 EST

Al Kossow wrote:

> I'm about to lay out a little 24 pin ROM adapter board
> so that you can read all the weird 2k ROM variants, and
> wanted to make sure that it can handle the different
> Cinematronics ROMs too. Does someone have the pinouts
> handy for the different flavors of ROMs that they used
> Here is what I have jumperable right now:<snip>
> ..but I really want to double-check that it works
> with all the Cine ROMs too

cool, I will want one of these (actually for a a friend who burns all my
ROMs, and he wants something that will do 2704s and 2708s cause his
EMP-20 wont), I want to verify the ROMS on my Speed Freak boardsets. one
has 4 2716s and the other has an expansion board mounted up by the sound
board and it has 8 2708s on it. both are not working at the moment.

I dont know too much about all these older different chip types cause I
hardly ever burn any ROMs, but the 2708s (ROM numbers 21 through 27) are
labeled like this:

B2708/ C2708
AM2708DC

except for one of them (ROM number 28)which is labeled:

MB8518H

will that board will do all these?

Jeff

--