Ms. Gardneraphone Monitor

From: <Dangerwil_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 00:28:22 EST

Well,

   It was time to monkey with all those junk parts. I took an old nasty GO7
tube from a ms. pac. Swapped the end plug and put on a Ampliphone deflection
coil. Stuffed this into a spare WG 6100 chassis.

   I had to monkey quite a bit with the convergence, but I got it really
really close as long as the picture is adjusted about 1 inch in from the
edges of the tube. The picture looks just as good as the Ampliphone tube
that I have running on a WG in my ROTJ. Bright thick vector lines, not fuzzy
or blurred. The pac tube was really burned in but behind that thick black
glass, you can't even see it.

   In self test, the green box is still somewhat bowed, but no one has ever
mentioned it, that plays the game...

   Anyways it is possible, next time I am going to take the socket off the
neckboard and replace it with one from an old GO7, swapping the plug is a
real pain.

Bill