Re: tempest help

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Tue Dec 09 1997 - 22:45:03 EST

mayday19 wrote:

> I just picked up a Tempest UR that has a small prob. I will probably want
> to sell it right away as soon as it is fixed as I already have a cabaret
> Tempest ($500+shipping, this thing is REALLY clean). I did a big trade
> and I didn't want it too much. :>
>
> I haven't looked at it yet, but the problem is that the game powers up
> fine (monitor looks great), and you can start a game and fire and super
> zap, but the spinner will not work. The guy I got it from said if you
> start a game, remove the aux board connector and replace it, it will work
> fine for as long as the machine is turned on. I tried this a couple times
> and it worked. I've only looked at it long enough to try that so far, but
> I'd figure I'd get a second opinion on it first..any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
> --
> http://idt.net/~mayday19

resolder all the molex pins on the AUX board just for being a nice game
owner, this probabaly won't solve the problem, but it probably needs it.
  Now, Clean all the edge connectors on the AUX PCB and make sure it
isn't a problem there. When it is not working see if you have +5V at the
encoder PCB.

  jess

PS, I did get your other emails Jeff, I have to think about the MH
problem a bit more before writing back. Nice Quantum page!

--
Jess M. Askey            ************* My Page ***************
ESLB/The Audio Analyst   *    http://magenta.com/havoc       *