serial DACs

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 17:18:27 EST

"I wasn't able to find any serial DACs (I didn't do all that
> thorough of a search) that worked at this speed, you might have to stick with
> parallel loaded DACs."

Joe will probably pop in here, being from Crystal and all..

We use Crystal's 16 bit serially interfaced parts for the audio I/O on
Macs, and those are running up to 48Khz/channel. Guess I'll have to
double-check on the maximum clock speed of the Maxim multi-channel
DAC i'm designing into the programmable power supplies on the board
i'm doing :-)