Re: Sega Multigame and Vector Generator Card...

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 17:10:29 EST

> not a problem. I wasn't able to find any serial DACs (I didn't do all that
> thorough of a search) that worked at this speed, you might have to stick with
> parallel loaded DACs.

Funny, if we used serial DACs we might as well go ahead with Al's idea to
do serial addition. Then all we'd have is some registers shifting around
through 2 or 4 1-bit adders and out to the DAC. WOW! Now 24 shifts at
3-4 times the asteroids clock speed is probably too fast for anything cheap.
Can the PLD run at ~100MHz?

I just had an idea I gotta think about...

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.