RE: Sega Multigame and Vector Generator Card...

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 17:36:27 EST

G'day folks,

No brightening, constant, darkening within a single vector as my below
example described. That's fine. I just wanted to check if you were
suggesting features that would support my difficult example. As you
(and Zonn) suggested splitting the vector into two parts where one
vector was only brightening and the other vector was only darkening
would be OK. I was thinking more of what Al was describing where
vectors fade into the distance in first player games.

Could we have curved lines like in Quantum? As I remember the "curved
lines" were actually lots of short straight lines that look like one big
curved line. This is a tall order, but if we are in the middle of
brainstorming up suggestions I'll stick my neck out!

By the way, while I have people focussed on Quantum, can anyone tell me
why they didn't do this game with a raster monitor? Come on. Curved
lines and solid filled objects. What's the point of using vectors?

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com

ps - Of course, I'm the guy who's convinced that Qix should be redone
with vectors.