Bulletproof your WG6100!

From: Anders Knudsen <Anders_Knudsen_at_btc.adaptec.com>
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 13:52:12 EST

Well I finally got all my shit together and finished up the low voltage
retrofit design for the WG6100 color monitors.
Just a reminder this retrofit replaces the low voltage power supply on the
deflection PCB.
I have a quote from a local PCB fab that has very reasonable prices (they
actually were a better price than Alberta Printed Circuits (the one Clay
uses I think).
Anyway, I will place an order if there are people that want this retrofit.
FYI: I am not in this to make any money, just to sell enough to break even
:-) and have a few LVPCBs for my own games.
Here is the deal:
The PCB is very "cute": 1" x 2" in size and fits perfectly in the place of
the old LV parts.
It bulletproofs the LV part of the deflection PCB. So if you get HV
runaway, or some deflection short problem, the LV PCB will not be damaged!
i.e., never replace your LV parts again!
Jeff H is basically my "testimonial" to its functionality. He has had a
couple of them running in Star Wars machines that are continually on in a
local movie theatre. Just ask him jeffh@diac.com
I will sell bare PCBs to you folks since most are knowledgeable and have
used a soldering iron before. The PCB has a silkscreen so parts placement
should not be a problem. I'll also include some documentation. If people
want, I can include a "bag-o-parts", or ship LV PCBs fully assembled.
I will let the bare PCBs go for $10 to $6 depending on quantity ordered.
A bag-o-parts should run around $7 to $8 for all the parts.
Fully assembled will add a small fee (I am guessing most people will want
to do it yourself, however I won't be responsible for lack of soldering
skills ;-O)
So the retrofit should be cheap and it is a one-time replacement for what
most of the WG6100 Zanen kit.
Let me know asap since I need to get a quantity order in to the fab. The
more I order, the cheaper the per cost will be.
-Anders.