Interesting "thing"...

From: Clay Cowgill <clayc_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 13:39:45 EST

Our marketing guys made a kinda interesting item...

It's a little "advertisement" that slides into the curved face of a store
shelf advertising some new modem/software stuff we're doing.

The cool thing about it is what it's like-- it's silkscreen on white
polystyrene film. Pretty much like some arcade game marquees (Atari's
"slide in" marquees like the System 1, I Robot, some Pole Positions, etc.)!

The polystyrene they used is a bit thicker (.01") than a game would use,
but it passes light and looks pretty nice. They did a photo-graph style
background so most of the colors are dithered, but it looks pretty cool.
(From about 18" the colors look continuous, closer than that and you can
see the screening, but that's true of a lot of game artwork.)

Anyway, I have a company name and contact info, so I might check out how
much it costs. (I think it's be cool to make a professional-looking
multigame marquee... :-)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com