Re: Bulletproof your WG6100!

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 13:53:02 EST

"Here are some specs for consideration:
They are *very* fast, clamping time less than 1 pico second!
Peak pulse power dissipation: 1500W
Steady state power dissipation: 5W
Forward Surge Current, 50ms, 200A
Have various breakdown voltages; some to consider are: 27V, 30V, 33V, 51V, 68V
They come in a large diode package (DO-201) so could easily just be
soldered directly onto the transistor socket.
Are relatively inexpensive: $1.36 each for the ones I am looking at.

Thoughts?
-Anders.
"

Sounds great! I have two breadboards that I started to put together
a while back with a WG and G08 deflection board on each so that I
can easily bench test them and get at everything under load. It
would be simple to add them in to get before/after scope traces..