RE: Wells Gardner "display corrector"...

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Mon Jan 26 1998 - 19:39:47 EST

"What a coincidence given that I recently dug up my Tempest to Major
Havoc translator board! Can your board be used for Quantum....as I
remember it used the Ampliphone monitor so it needs correcting too?

Where exactly does this kit go? Above the deflection section of the
main PCB, or on the deflection board of the WG monitor? If I knew, I
might be able to figure out on my own if this kit is usable for Quantum."

The correction circuit you have goes between the output of the
board and the monitor. It should work just fine for Quantum (with
appropriate checks for pinout)

The kit is needed for the couple of X/Y designs that were built
targeted to the Ampliphone monitor (was it just MH and Quantum?)
and pre-distorts the output of the X or Y channel based on the
amplitude of the other channel. There should be a bunch of mail
in the vectorlist archive sometime last summer when we were talking
about this last. From memory, you only really had to apply
the correction on one axis (vertical?)