Vectorbeam Question

From: Danger wil <Dangerwil_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 23:00:15 EST

Well,

   I am fixing to get rid of my Rip Off cocktail and so pulled it out to
monkey around with a bit. It didn't have any boards, so I pulled out an
untested set of Solar Quest bds and plugged them in.

   After praying to all the smoke gods, I plugged it in and wow it actually
came up, well kinda. The sound board makes a game sound on power up and the
monitor comes on. I can hear it making vectors but with the brightness turned
all the way up all I see is groupings of dots. These dots seem to be moving
and I can see what looks like a high score table in attract mode, but just in
formless clumps of dots.

   It doesn't coin up or make any other noises, but I tend to think that is
probably because of differences in the games pinouts??????????/

Well any ideas would be a help. I might want to play around with it some
more, before I send it off.

BTW This is the weirdest setup I have ever seen. The whole thing looks
homemade. The monitor tube is actually hinged and pulls up to expose the
chassis and sound board. The power supply and chassis are both marked
vectorbeam, but the game is manufactured by Centuri??

Happy Gaming,

Bill