RE: Vectorbeam Question

From: Ozdemir, Steve <sso_at_dsc.com>
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 15:23:55 EST

G'day folks,

I like Zonn's theory of old Vectorbeam stock being reused by Centuri
after the remerge of Vectorbeam with Cinematronics. Sounds plausible to
me....

[ Fictitous story about two guys cleaning up the Vectorbeam building
before they close it forever: ]

George: "Hey, what are we going to do with the inventory? It's marked
as 'working'."

Harry: "I don't know...there isn't any room in San Diego. I know that
for sure."

George: "Hmmm...weren't we suppose to ship a bunch of motherboards off
to Centuri next week?"

Harry: "Hey! That's a good idea! I'll call the boss in San Diego...you
make up the address labels."

George: "But this stuff may not actually work."

Harry: "Who cares? Let Centuri figure that out...we also don't have the
spare capacity anywho in San Diego to supply Centuri really. They'll
send back the broken ones and we can replace them later."

OK, so I went a little off the deep end, but I've heard of weirder
things than this. Does anyone know someone who worked at Cinematronics
back then? That's who we should be trusting for accurate accounts about
why there's a Vectorbeam in a Centuri version of a Cinematronics
product!

                Steven S Ozdemir
                sso@dsc.com

ps - I do remember finding Vectorbeam boards in Cinematronics games. I
figured the same thing...it had something to do with the remerge.