RE: Wells Gardner "display corrector"...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 12:53:53 EST

> Okay, nuther dumb question....
>
> What is the status of the bootleg Cinematronics board that runs a
> Wells Gardner B&W?
>
> What I'm leading to is....
>
> I'd like to see a "universal" adapter for color WG19K6101.
>
> Something that would let us run Cinematronics in B&W (or color if we
> can hack that)
> & pincushion for Atari boards needing it
> & Sega XY stuff even if we must suffer with a smaller image &
> scattered stray vectors
> for now.

I've thought about how to pull off a "universal" thing too, but until I
convince myself that we can "upgrade" WG6100's to something faster I
wasn't too worried about it.

Was it Al who had the pirate Cinemat B/W board? I was curious to see
what they did there...

I'm still futzing with the display corrector. I forgot that the
"output" stages of Star Wars (and probably Major Havoc too) have
width/height adjustments. Since the adapter uses the width and height
values to generate its correction factor you can really mangle the
display unless you take the "inputs" BEFORE the width adjustment pots.
(at least on Star Wars-- good thing I had the input protection board on
the WG6100 I was testing with)

Isthere a schematic online of the Major Havoc vector generator output
stage somewhere?

-Clay