BSP: Bay Area people may want to check this out

From: The Grigsbeast <grigsby_at_netgate.net>
Date: Fri Jan 30 1998 - 01:42:58 EST

This is not old-vector-game related, but I believe it of interest to people
who enjoy classic games.

As some of you already know, I work for Acclaim Coin-op. I've spent the
past three years (!) trying to get the company started (I am employee #2)
and get our first game, "Armageddon", out the door.

Well, it's finally on test, in the San Francisco Bay Area, at the Namco
Wonderpark in the Great Mall in Milpitas. (An older version was at
Golfland for a little while, and a couple of test units are out somewhere
in the US, but this new version plays about thirty times better.)

Anyone who is disappointed that no one does anything but
fighting/driving/shooting games anymore, which is probably most of this
list, absolutely needs to go check this thing out. It's not a remake of
some obscure classic, it's a totally fresh game design, and by that I do
*NOT* mean "driving game with a jet-ski on the front" or "gun game with a
pedal" or "plus it has a RUN button".

Plus, it has trackballs which light up. You can't miss it.

// grigs