RE: SP0250's...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Jan 30 1998 - 11:23:57 EST

> "I've also juse found out that Linux journal published plans
> for a card with the SP0250 last year, so I'm trying to decide what to
> use
> for my robot project"
>
> ..there goes the rest of the world's supply of SP0250's :-)

As near as I can tell, I think the world's supply is probably sitting
right next to me. Turns out that Online Technology-- a place
specializing in supplying obsolete GI parts-- had just found these in DR
Components inventory. When Joe (or somebody) on vectorlist mentioned
that DR had 76 of them I thought it was funny that the number available
was the same. I have a friend at DR Components, so I called him and he
gave me the good price on 'em. :-)

> are you sure they didn't use a SP0256? seems like the 250
> would have been a really odd part for them to pick

I agree. SP0256 would be much easier to find. I've got bunch of those
if anyone wants any for building Mr. Robot or whatever... :-)

-Clay