WG color XY (more info)

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 12:36:33 EST

        Whoops, I almost forgot one important "clue." When I opened up
the HV cage, I saw that one of the input filter caps (the 100u, 50V ones
near the lower center of the board) looked like it had burst open, and
there was electrolyte all over the HV board.

        The caps were installed correctly and look failry new. I replaced
both input filter caps, and the HV unit still doesn't work (but, at least,
it's not blowing these caps now.)

        The more I think about this, the wierder it gets. The only thing
I can think of that blew those caps is an over-volt problem, but I have
found NOTHING bad in the LV power supply circuit, and it still works, even
now.

Joe