vector triva

From: Al Kossow <aek>
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 16:35:45 EST

from the giant list of classic game programmers page:

According to Jack Pearson, Midway's Omega Race was intended to be competition for Atari's Asteroids. "We
thought flying the spaceship was almost as fun as shooting the asteroids," he recalls. "We put masking tape on the
screen to make us a kind of track to fly the spaceship. Making the turns with the thruster we thought was really fun so
our game Omega Race developed from that concept." The game was developed at Arcade Engineering, which was
later bought by Midway.

Scott Boden, the programmer of Star Castle (a Tim Skelly design), mentioned that he wrote an unreleased
game called Outpost before leaving Cinematronics. "In high rounds it became very hectic and loud with mass
carnage, like a cross between Rip-off, Tempest, and Robotron." Scott also did the design and programming for
Cinematronics' Solar Quest.