Re: vector triva

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 09:44:30 EST

> from the giant list of classic game programmers page:
>
> Scott Boden, the programmer of Star Castle (a Tim Skelly design), mentioned
> that he wrote an unreleased
> game called Outpost before leaving Cinematronics. "In high rounds it became
> very hectic and loud with mass
> carnage, like a cross between Rip-off, Tempest, and Robotron." Scott also
> did the design and programming for Cinematronics' Solar Quest.

Scott told me that when he left Cinematronics, someone decided Outpost should
be a "Cute" game and it changed quite dramatically into.... Boxing Bugs.
Outpost was loosely based on the idea of "reverse Star Castle" where you
played the ship in the middle and were under attack - I don't think there
were 3 rotating shields though (not THAT similar).

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.