Re: Wells Gardiner vs Ampliphone

From: Jeff Hendrix <jeffh_at_diac.com>
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 16:08:14 EST

I just called zanen (5 min. ago) and asked about the status of the
amplifone HV transformer replacement. He said he's tested the prototypes
and they seem good (atari probably thought the same thing about the red
transfomers, hopefully these are up to wintron specs).
He's going to be placing an order shortly to have a bunch made. He said it
would take 6-8 weeks and he said he hopes to sell them in the $60-$70
range. So there might be hope for my 5 or so dead amplifones.
But go ahead and order LV2000s anyway, so at least your wells monitors will
last a long time.

-jeff

jeffh@diac.com

Buy/Sell/Trade classic video arcade games.
www.diac.com/~jeffh/