RE: Space War audio schematic

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 12:23:43 EST

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Ozdemir, Steve wrote:

> Of course, there's one person (possibly two if the other person's
> Barrier has arrived) on this email list who can speak about Barrier with
> authority. I'll leave it for them to confirm or deny my vague
> recollections of the one Barrier that I saw three years ago.

        Not yet ;-) But any day now!

> ps - By the way, if anyone does have questions about Barrier, I may be
> in a position to take a look at one in two weeks. Let me know what you
> want to know about it, and I'll make sure to do that research. I'm
> curious if the Barrier power supply has a 15 pin connector instead of
> the more typical 12 pin connector on most other Cinematronics/Vectorbeam
> power supplies. (I'll have to check my Warrior that also has a 15 pin
> connector to see if it has that typical extra 3 or 4 pin connector that
> most other Cinematronics/Vectorbeam power supplies. Folding the extra
> connector into the 12 pin connector would explain how they got a 15 pin
> connector for Warrior and possibly Barrier.)

        I took a look at the "other" Barrier a few weeks ago, and it
looked to me like Warrior/Barrier/Speed Freak (i.e. the vectorbeam games
in the same cabinet) all used the same power supply. Of course, this was
just a "look-at-it-and-see-if-it-looks-the-same" inspection, so I could be
wrong.

Joe