RE: Board tester board...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 18:59:35 EST

> Instead of 8 pin DIP headers, how about inverted 8 pin wirewrap
> sockets? (Mount
> the socket under the board with the wire wrap pins sticking up from
> the bottom,
> same cutting every other one deal).
>
> It's the same idea as yours, but the wire wrap posts are thicker and
> will take
> more abuse.

Hmmmm. I like that idea a lot. I'll have to checkout the price. I was
a little worried that the .1" headers would be too wimpy. I could go
with the posts from .156" connectors (like PC power supplies connect
to), but they're pretty damn big and you might be able to get enough
leverage on one to break the PCB before the pin would bend.

I wonder if long-pin WW sockets are expensive...

-Clay