RE: Board tester board...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 19:05:35 EST

> "So you just plug it into the cardedge of a board and use little
> alligator-clip jumpers to connect your voltages,"
>
> berg square pins, with crimp connectors work great for jumpers
> on .025 posts (they use them in RS232 breakout boxes..)

I was figuring I'd use those myself... I have *no* desire of making a
bunch of them at a time for "production" though. ;-) They also fit
nicely onto those "micro clips" for logic analyzers and on those DIP
test clips...

> you could use those for all the low voltage wiring.
>
> you'd probably want to use something heavier for the power/ground
> leads :-)

Or use two or three per bus. I run entire Star Wars boardsets off a
single aligator-clip connection to the +5 test point on the AVG board.
As long as you don't run for a long time it's pretty OK. (20ga wire w/
aligator clips might get a little warm though... ;-) "Long time" is
slightly relative of course...

-Clay