Re: Oscilloscope Sale at Tech America

From: Doug Jefferys <djeffery_at_multipath.com>
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 07:47:28 EST

Once upon a time, Mitchell Rohde wrote:

> I agree with your thoughts that the $30 meter of today is better than the
> $7000 scope of 1961... but then again, I bet that tube scope will survive
> long after that $30 model has met the trash.. .:) hehehehe I'm a sucker
> for an old tube model...

Reminds me - I've got an ancient tube scope that's on the fritz.
We're talking ancient here, as in, "discrete components wired up
by their component leads", with very little in the way of what
we'd recognize as PC boards.

It worked once-upon-a-time, but no longer accepts input; the only
trace it'll display is a flat line. Anyone here know anything
about tube-era technology? I've got a better 'scope that I use,
but it'd be nice to get this ol' beast running again.

Later,
Doug.

--
Douglas W. Jefferys           |