Re: Cinematronics multigame?

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 15:22:30 EST

You wrote:
> Sean Riddle was working on a universal control panel (and was Paul or
> Zonn looking into patches?), but I don't think Sean got far. I've
> always been interested in a universal control panel. I'm looking taking
> all the "button games from Cinematronics" and using an EPROM approach to
> translate the buttons to a Rip Off control panel (where I'll need to rig
> something for the Space Wars selection pad).

Wasn't the suggestion to hack the ROMs, like Clay did with the Sega games?
Would eliminate the need for a seperate switching system between the control
panel and the cpu board.

A couple years ago, this was deemed impractical for the Williams hardware.
Not sure if the cnma hardware uses a lot of redirection when polling inputs.
Presumably, the emulators ought to be big help here...

Ray