Re: Cinematronics multigame?

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 21:54:38 EST

On Fri, 13 Mar 98 15:45:09 -0600, Ray Ghanbari <ray@mayo.edu> wrote:

>You wrote:
>> It would be cool to have space wars as the "standard" for the multigame,
>> except for the fact that a space wars cabinet is HUGE and hard to come by.
>> (I don't think I will ever be able to get my space wars game into my
>> basement, or even in the house for that matter)
>
>The depth of a space wars is ~ the same as the width of a regular arcade
>cabinet. Rotate it and away you go (or so I hope when I try to get mine into
>my basement ;-)
>
>I was suggesting the Space Wars control panel config and the Space Wars pinout
>to the cpu board as the standard. I'm presupposing the ROMs will be hacked to
>poll the correct inputs pins are the appropriate time. I'm also presupposing
>that folks will be building control panels for their favorite CNMA cabinet (or
>Atari cabinet if the cnma->wg conversion board gets built)

The problem with using Space War, as is, as the standard is that in order to get
the extra buttons with out adding hardware, they used the dipswitch inputs as
buttons. This is one of the reasons people have problems burning Space War
images and running them in Star Castle boards. They don't know to open all the
dip switches.

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically