RE: ISA Vector card already done...

From: Ozdemir, Steve <steve.ozdemir_at_plpt.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 19:06:47 EST

>----------

Scary...but I'm actually following this. Then again, I usually can
follow any topic that Zonn's explaining. He has a way of explaining
these concepts in simple terms!

OK, so now I see why Al suggested the capacitor for the Star Castle end
point problem. I'm assuming this capacitor is on the monitor (since
digital info's passed to the Cine monitor). So let me put forth another
interesting problem.

I have a Warrior motherboard that only displays endpoints. The
interesting symptom is that everythings frozen until you hit a button.
Then all those endpoints move one frame! My guess was that I had a
problem with the line counter as I remember seeing this problem using
one of Rick S's cabinets. Still, it doesn't explain why hitting a
button causes the next frame to be displayed. Any speculation from
folks?

>The advantages of a digital vector generator [I think] out weigh those of an
>analog system -- if you can pull it off.

Agreed...much more flexibility. I want to see curved vectors....anyone
else planning to enhance their Star Castle background? 8^) 8^) 8^)