Re: Misfortune...

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_istar.ca>
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 01:53:51 EST

Mit Matelske wrote:

> I thought I would share my grief with y'all...
>
> Last night I stopped by FA to pick up a Space Fury that
> had been waiting for me at their terminal for a couple
> of weeks. As I laid the game down in the truck I noticed
> that the monitor's plexiglass was popped out and the over-
> lay was a little out of whack - didn't think much of it,
> though. As I wheeled the beast (370 pds) into the house
> and took the cardboard packaging all off, my worst night-
> mare came true - the monitor had sheered off the plywood
> that holds it and had broken it's neck :(
>
> So, after my first shipping misfortune in quite a few years
> what have I learned?
>
> 1. FA must drop palettes pretty hard with the forklift...
> 2. Maybe we should add a support in the back of convert-a-cabs
> for the monitor.
> 3. I have learned how to control my anger at a young age :)
>
> Thanks for listening to me babble,
>
> Mit Matelske
>
> btw - anybody have any spare G-08 tubes?

Hi, Mit!
Save the neck of the tube!!! That funny plastic socket is unique to the
19VLUP22 picture tubes used in vector monitors. You can use ANY 19VLUP22
picture tube from most of the Electrohome or WG RASTER OR XY tubes. This
tube is very common! Oh, save the yoke too!!!

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com