RE: Battlezone

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 20:24:21 EDT

> Vector stuff for sale is not really off-topic here, but it might not
> be
> cool if there was a LOT of it. My observations/feeling is that there
> is
> more a sense of "friendship" (or something similar) among the readers
> -
> or at least the frequent posters - of vectorlist, so posting FS here
> is
> like giving your friends first choice on stuff (sometimes at reduced
> price).

I kinda view vectorlist as a more focused and friendly version of RGVAC,
which has too great of S/N ratio for me anymore. Plus, I find I save a
lot of money by not reading it and RGVAM too often...

I too like occasional for-sales here for rare and/or "new" stuff (like
Jeff/Anders LV2000, Chris' Hummer :-). As long as the ratio stays
heavily in favor of discussions (on topic or off *laugh*) I think it's a
Good Thing.

> There are also more "hardcore" vector collectors and old-timers here,
> so
> you're targeting your ad better (yuk, I don't like the sound of that).

Hmmmm... Sounds like Paul has a marketing course or two in his
background... ;-) His next Cinemenu will probably start off by
displaying "SAVE up to 80%!!!!!!" or something... J/K... *grin*

-Clay