RE: Battlezone

From: Anders Knudsen <anders_knudsen_at_btc.adaptec.com>
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 20:55:11 EDT

At 05:24 PM 4/6/98 -0700, Clay wrote:
>I kinda view vectorlist as a more focused and friendly version of RGVAC,
>which has too great of S/N ratio for me anymore. Plus, I find I save a
>lot of money by not reading it and RGVAM too often...
>
>I too like occasional for-sales here for rare and/or "new" stuff (like
>Jeff/Anders LV2000, Chris' Hummer :-). As long as the ratio stays
>heavily in favor of discussions (on topic or off *laugh*) I think it's a
>Good Thing.
>
>> There are also more "hardcore" vector collectors and old-timers here,
>> so
>> you're targeting your ad better (yuk, I don't like the sound of that).
>>
>Hmmmm... Sounds like Paul has a marketing course or two in his
>background... ;-) His next Cinemenu will probably start off by
>displaying "SAVE up to 80%!!!!!!" or something... J/K... *grin*
>
>-Clay

Agreed! I don't think I would have mass produced the LV2000 if it weren't
for this list. Where else is there as concentrated a group of people
interrested in old vector arcade games? Certainly not the damn newsgroups!?!?!
I actually have not given this any though until it was brought up, since
the FS trafic on this list has been fairly low (good, good). Maybe Al could
grep for "sale", etc and see how many we've accumulated.
So, I think it's cool as long as the FS posts are more along the lines of a
"friendly offer". I would hate to see every other post being a FS post
though!

-Anders.