RE: Battlezone

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 11:55:54 EDT

> Um, is this a dumb question: Why not change the battery with the power
> ON? That is unless the battery is part ofthe device as in Dallas
> Semiconductors 10 year ram. If you can replace the battery, use a pair
> of jumper wires to jumper a second battery into the circuit, then
> unsolder the first (use a propane soldering iron to avoid shorting to
> ground) and replace it with a third battery. The idea here is even if
> you have a power failure whilst replacing the battery the jumpered
> second battery will cover for you...

That should work nicely, except it seems that a lot of these have
already bit the farm. I'm getting two dead ones to look at. Anyone
have a working Buster Bros. they want to sell for ~$40 or so? (I'm
reluctant to take a loaner since I feel there's a pretty decent chance
I'll hose at least one in the process... ;-)

It's just the idea that a boardset is "best if used by xxx" that bothers
me anyway.

-Clay