RE: Battlezone

From: Jeff Hendrix <jeffh_at_diac.com>
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 09:45:33 EDT

Clay,
        Is there any way to read in the data from the ram chip. Then you
would at least have an archive of the data and you could always whip up a
circuit to reprogram a new device (you might even be able to use an eprom
burner). Or maybe even come up with a way to store the important stuff on a
ROM chip.

-jeff

BTW: what kind of game is Buster Bros?

>> Um, is this a dumb question: Why not change the battery with the power
>> ON? That is unless the battery is part ofthe device as in Dallas
>> Semiconductors 10 year ram. If you can replace the battery, use a pair
>> of jumper wires to jumper a second battery into the circuit, then
>> unsolder the first (use a propane soldering iron to avoid shorting to
>> ground) and replace it with a third battery. The idea here is even if
>> you have a power failure whilst replacing the battery the jumpered
>> second battery will cover for you...
>>
>That should work nicely, except it seems that a lot of these have
>already bit the farm. I'm getting two dead ones to look at. Anyone
>have a working Buster Bros. they want to sell for ~$40 or so? (I'm
>reluctant to take a loaner since I feel there's a pretty decent chance
>I'll hose at least one in the process... ;-)
>
>It's just the idea that a boardset is "best if used by xxx" that bothers
>me anyway.
>
>-Clay

jeffh@diac.com

Buy/Sell/Trade classic video arcade games.
www.diac.com/~jeffh/