Re: Prototype games

From: Kev <mowerman_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 21:03:32 EDT

Jeff Hendrix wrote:

> I know this isn't vector related, but this group seems to be interested in
> these kinds of things.
> I just picked up 2 prototype boards from an ex-atari employee.
> They are both jamma boards, and they have a copy right date on the PCB of
> 1992. One is called "arcade classics" and it has 2 games on it. One is
> missle command and the other centipede. They are complete rewrites and they
> use a 68000 processor. This board needs 2 trackballs.
> The other board contains a game called "sparkz" and its and it's a cross
> between tetris and pipes (or something like that). It also uses a 68000.
> The programs on these boards are at a finished state, but before the
> security chip was incorporated. I haven't had a chance to plug these things
> in yet (I need to build a jamma harness) so I don't know how good, or bad,
> these games are. They guy I bought them from said that missle command was
> so-so but the centipede was hot. It even had a mode so 2 people could play
> at the same time.

WOW! Now could we venture a guess that these boards are close in design to
production games of the same era?

What I'm getting at, I wonder if I could take my Guardians of the Hood, Moto
Frenzy, Relief Pitcher, Road Riot (all 92 copyrights) board & plug these chips
in?

--
Kev                    Mowerman@erols.com    >>REMOVE THE ? to REPLY
Looking for Pac-Man related hacks & Video Game