RE: Display Corrector...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 12:00:22 EDT

> So, is it true that there is a way to hook Sega vector games up to
> a wells monitor? Is it written up somewhere?
[...]
> this game lives on beyond it's monitor. (Man! is that a run on
> sentance or what??) Anyway, any info on performing this switch would
> be appreciated.

Yep, there's a way to do it. I think it was just a couple op-amps to
perform some input matching to the monitor. I want to say that David
Shoemaker did the original write-up? I think Al has it on the Spies
archive. If not, I know I have a copy printed out somewhere.

I did all my Sega Vector work with a WG monitor. Works fairly well--
the WG isn't *quite* fast enough to keep up with the Sega games all the
time so you get an occasional "stray" vector.

-Clay