MC1495's

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 19:39:09 EDT

In the Murphy's !@#$!@# Law category...

The only reliable source of Motorola MC1495's (used in the display
corrector and Atari Vector Generator) seemed to be Newark Electronics
(Farnell) for about $5 a pop in surface mount.

That's not too bad compared to $10-14 ceramic DIP parts elsewhere, so I
designed the display corrector PCB around the surface mount version.

So, low and behold, I go snooping around the web today and what do I
find...

$1.50 MC1495's in Plastic DIP! @^#$%^@%$^@!!! Anyway, I bought a
bunch, so I'll probably be changing the PCB to use DIP parts instead of
SOIC. (Grumble, grumble...)

If any of you need MC1495's though, www.marshall.com has 'em. June
delivery though...

-Clay