Re: Prototype games

From: Trollian <Xy-man_at_pyramidm.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 17:45:36 EDT

In message from Jeff Hendrix writes

>1992. One is called "arcade classics" and it has 2 games on it. One is
>missle command and the other centipede. They are complete rewrites and they
>use a 68000 processor. This board needs 2 trackballs.

I know of a complete prototype cabinet of this game here in England. I
was informed by the ex-Atari employee (who wasn't very helpful) that his
version has 3 games - Missile command,Centipede & Millepede. He would
even not let me inspect/photograph it, never mind my offering silly
money for it. He mentioned it was shown at the London ATEI show and has
remained with him ever since as only 5 protos were made. Its marquee
title is 'Atari Classics'

Talking of Prototypes:

I have a dedicated Atari Time Scanner
Anyone ever seen the proto game Freeze by Atari.
Anybody want a flyer for Hard Drivin' Airborne.

--
XY-Man (UK)