Re: Star Trek G-08 Tips

From: Kev <mowerman_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 23:24:49 EDT

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> > Some mod that could "bulletproof" this sucker, or some alternate
> > monitor
> > suggestions, would be seriously cool.

Hear, Hear! The approach of running on a Wells is about the only other
solution at the moment?

> > I presume a fan added to blow over the monitor boards would be a good
> > thing????
> > What about power supply? (I presume it's linear...)
> > Boards are in a card cage if I remember......
> >
> You might want to replace the fans (usually there are three?) if for no
> other reason than they're 120V AC fans and noisy as hell.

That "noisy as hell", aspect is one really cool feature! You must admit it
is impressive to fire up the machine and hear all the whir as it cranks up &
warms up.

"Ah so another creature for my amusement!"

--
Kev                    Mowerman@erols.com    >>REMOVE THE ? to REPLY
Looking for Pac-Man related hacks & Video Game