Re: HP5004 Manual is up.

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 14:57:52 EDT

On Thu, 21 May 1998 20:19:31 -0600, Jess Askey <jess@links.magenta.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
> Im just finishing the upload the the 5004 manual that I had a copy of.
>It is 63 pages scanned at 300dpi, total only ~6 meg. It is complete but
>not very pretty. My copy looks like about 3rd generation xerox. The
>scans actually look great but much of the small print is hard to read or
>even unreadable. The schems are pretty bad but are probably usable. If
>anyone ever gets a better copy I would be happy to scan them (or maybe
>Al as well?). All the pages are copied crooked too. :-(
> They are at http://www.gamearchive.com/tech/

Thanks Jess! I've had a hard time finding this manual!

BTW: If you have a fast CPU with a slow connection (56k or below), the whole
manual (stolen from Jess at the above site, ;^) then converted to 300 d.p.i.
.BMP files) and compressed with BMZ totals only 2.1meg (including BMZ.EXE and a
batch file to decompress the images.)

You can download it directly at: www.zonn.com/Compression/HPSA.ZIP

It'll take about 8 minutes (on a Pentium running at 133mhz) and 78meg of disk
space to decompress all the images. You can then use ACDSee's browse mode to
batch print the resulting .BMP files.

After this weekend (I'll obviously be playing with some of Steve O.'s Cine'stuff
this weekend) I'll try scanning whole Cinematronics manuals and see how big they
end up, and depending on size start making them available for downloading.

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
    / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures